Top Property Makeover Tips
Front of House
- Clean, clean, clean! Power hose the front of the house, the paths and the front fence.
- Perfectly manicured garden.
- Clear an obvious path to the front door.
- Repaint any areas that don’t look fresh.
- Lush, well developed plants, with order.
- Group separate potted plants.
- Show a low maintenance garden.
- Clear away old furniture/barbeques and hide away dustbins.
- Make sure the front door can open fully. (Invite in the chi energy completely).
- Refrain from walking directly into a mirror. (All good energy reflects straight back out).
- If there is space, a slim console with tall sculptural flower arrangement. (Good for agents brochures, but don’t obstruct the energy you have invited in).
- Use high wattage globes in overhead and lamps – all in working order and clean.
- All curtains pulled or tied back, as open as possible.
- Venetians clean and open squared on.
- Position furniture to maximize the room size. Make each room feel welcoming and comfortable. (The opposite to overcrowded and cluttered).
- Lounges should be placed against walls. Preferably never walk into the back of a lounge.
- Use mirrors in dark rooms, or to reflect views.
- Remove oversized pieces.
- Disguise old furniture with new cushions and throws.
- Keep walking paths clear of furniture, allowing flow and relaxation in your home.
- Replace old cupboard handles and knobs.
- Bold and interesting artefacts only. Less is more.
- Remove dried flowers and pot pourri. Your home should be a symbol of life.
- New fluffy bathroom towels.
- Fresh soap and bottles of oils in the bathroom.
- Clean bright shower curtain.
- Music – Soft lounge or classic music.
- Smell – No unfriendly odours.
- Fresh air – Open windows where possible.
- Temperature – Cool or heat the property prior to inspections.
- Clean all windows. (Bring the outside in with no obstruction).
- De clutter objects. (De clutter your life).
- Organise inside all cupboards and store excess. Build in storage/shelving where possible.
- Plumbing – no dripping taps.
- Remove all signs of household pests.
- Complete all essential repairs – oil doors, cupboards/doors completely close, broken or missing tiles replaced.
View your free property styling tips!